Small bowel (small intestine)
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Found in wall of small bowel, mesentery, posterior mediastinum or rectorectal space
● May be associated with vertebral body abnormalities
● Lined by respiratory, small intestinal or gastric epithelium
● Wall composed of irregularly oriented smooth muscle
● J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2012;17:68,
J Pediatr Surg 2004;39:e5
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Congenital anomalies > Enterogenous cysts
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).