Small bowel (small intestine)
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Myeloid leukemic cells that may present initially as small bowel mass causing abdominal pain and obstruction (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2006;130:1570)
● 28 year old woman with primary isolated myeloid sarcoma of GI tract (Intern Med 2010;49:853)
● 36 year old man with small bowel obstruction as presenting sign (Isr Med Assoc J 2011;13:507)
● 50 year old woman with aleukaemic myeloid sarcoma of small intestine (J Clin Pathol 2009;62:757)
Bowel has 2 concentric exophytic masses
● Bacterial infections: may have positive Leder stain
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Other malignancies > Granulocytic sarcoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).