Small bowel (small intestine)
Benign tumors and tumor-like conditions
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 21 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Polypoid inflammatory mucosa associated with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
● Also amebiasis, schistosomiasis, ulcers, anastomotic sites
● Solitary small polyps of inflamed regenerating mucosa in a fibroblastic or granulation tissue stroma
● No/few mitotic figures, no atypical mitotic figures, often zonation
● May have bizarre stromal changes resembling sarcoma
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Benign tumors and tumor-like conditions > Inflammatory polyp
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).