Small bowel (small intestine)
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Low-grade B-cell lymphoma characterized by proliferation of small and plasmacytoid lymphocytes and plasma cells containing monoclonal intracytoplasmic immunoglobulins
● Often associated with serum viscosity syndrome due to IgM
● Formerly called immunocytoma
● Monoclonal serum gammopathy
● 57 year old woman with obstructive tumor (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2001;125:677)
● Nodular or diffuse transmural infiltrate of small lymphocytes, mature plasma cells, lymphoplasmacytoid cells associated with extracellular PAS+ material
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Lymphoma > Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).