Cite this page: Gulwani H. Müllerian adenosarcoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/smallbowelmullerianadeno.html. Accessed March 19th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Tumor with benign glandular component and malignan stromal component
- Rare in small bowel; associated with endometriosis and unopposed estrogen therapy (Am J Surg Pathol 2000;24:513)
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Proliferation of endometrioid glands and stroma with stromal condensation around glands, mild to moderate cytologic atypia of stroma and stromal mitoses
- May have stromal pseudodecidualization, focal epithelial atypia
- No definite malignant epithelial features