Small bowel (small intestine)
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Tumor with benign glandular component and malignan stromal component
● Rare in small bowel; associated with endometriosis and unopposed estrogen therapy (Am J Surg Pathol 2000;24:513)
● Proliferation of endometrioid glands and stroma with stromal condensation around glands, mild to moderate cytologic atypia of stroma and stromal mitoses
● May have stromal pseudodecidualization, focal epithelial atypia
● No definite malignant epithelial features
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Other malignancies > Mullerian adenosarcoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).