Cite this page: Gulwani, H. Waldenström macroglobulinemia. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/smallbowelwaldenstrom.html. Accessed October 18th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Rare but distinctive involvement of small bowel
- Small white nodules, variably distended serosal lymphatics
- Mucosa is white, nodular or granular
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Marked mucosal and submucosal lymphangiectasia and short, broad villi (Medicine (Baltimore) 2007;86:210)
- Coarse eosinophilic material (macroglobulin) in lymphatics, macrophages, lamina propria