Soft Tissue Tumors
Mixed type liposarcoma
Reviewer: Vijay Shankar, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 November 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Mixture of myxoid/round cell, well differentiated/dedifferentiated and pleomorphic types
● Affects elderly patients, usually in retroperitoneum
● Morphologic differences are due to differential expression of multiple genes (Pathology 2006;38:114)
● 11 year old girl with cough, dyspnea and fever due to mediastinal tumor (Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2010;53:525)
● 45 year old woman with thigh tumor (Virchows Arch 2008;453:197)
● 50 year old man with retroperitoneal tumor (Am Surg 2008;74:1202)
● 52 year old man with intramuscular tumor in thigh and 62 year old man with intramuscular tumor in calf (Jpn J Clin Oncol 2003;33:482)
● 62 year old man with axillary mass (J Radiol Case Rep 2012;6:9)
● 75 year old man with scrotal swelling (Romanian Journal of Morphology and Embryology 2008;49:105)
● Large multinodular masses
Tumors (left to right) of calf, mediastinum, thigh
End of Soft Tissue Tumors > Adipose tissue-liposarcoma > Mixed type liposarcoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).