Soft Tissue Tumors
Sclerosing poorly differentiated liposarcoma
Reviewer: Vijay Shankar, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 November 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Dense stromal sclerosing tumor with scattered atypical pleomorphic cells with lipoblastic features
● Not a WHO diagnosis
● Single study to date (Histopathology 2008;52:283)
● Mean age 63 years, range 39-90 years, no gender preference
● Either de novo or recurrence of previously resected liposarcoma
● May represent a morphological variant of poorly differentiated liposarcoma
● May be end stage pathway for various liposarcomas
● Aggressive behavior
● Dense stromal sclerosis with scattered atypical pleomorphic cells with lipoblastic features
● MDM2 amplification in 4 of 7 cases, negative for CHOP translocation
End of Soft Tissue Tumors > Adipose tissue-liposarcoma > Sclerosing poorly differentiated liposarcoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).