Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Approach to diagnosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/softtissueapproach.html. Accessed January 18th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Modified from Sternberg:
- 1) Is lesion reactive or neoplastic?
- 2) Is lesion malignant? (necrosis favors malignancy)
- 3) Is malignant lesion a sarcoma? (may be melanoma, carcinoma, lymphoma)
- 4) What type of differentiation is present? - assign to phenotypic category or classify as round cell, spindle cell, epithelioid, other
- 5) If sarcoma, what is the grade?