Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Arora, K. Approach to diagnosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/softtissueapproach.html. Accessed January 17th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Modified from Sternberg:
- Is lesion reactive or neoplastic?
- Is lesion malignant? (necrosis favors malignancy)
- Is malignant lesion a sarcoma? (may be melanoma, carcinoma, lymphoma)
- What type of differentiation is present? - assign to phenotypic category or classify as round cell, spindle cell, epithelioid, other
- If sarcoma, what is the grade?