Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Case reports | Gross images | Microscopic (histologic) images
Cite this page: Shankar, V. Malignant triton tumor. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/softtissuempnsttriton.html. Accessed November 30th, 2020.
Definition / general
- MPNST with well developed skeletal muscle component
- Diagnostic criteria of Woodruff (Cancer 1973;32:426):
- Tumor arises along a peripheral nerve, in a ganglioneuroma, in NF1 patient, or is a metastasis from such a tumor
- Tumor has characteristics of Schwann cell tumor
- Rhabdomyoblasts arise from body of tumor