Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Case Reports | Micro Description | Micro Images | Positive Stains
Cite this page: Neuroma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/softtissueneuroma.html. Accessed December 8th, 2016.
Definition / General
- Benign nonneoplastic overgrowth of nerve fibers and Schwann cells
- Usually post-traumatic; proximal nerve regenerates into a tangled mass of nerve fibers if it does not meet the distal end
- 43 year old woman with post-mastectomy mass (World J Surg Oncol 2012;10:35)
- Axons, Schwann cells, perineurial fibroblasts, also scar
- CD68 (Schwann cells-become phagocytic)