Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Mansouri J. Grossing. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/spleengrossing.html. Accessed August 24th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Fresh tissue preferable for special studies and flow cytometry
- Section specimen every 3 - 5 mm
- Obtain imprints after blotting with a towel to remove excess blood
- Blocks should be thin for adequate fixation, since fixative penetrates spleen slowly
- Describe apparent white pulp disorders (nodules), red pulp disorders (diffusely enlarged spleen without follicles or nodules) or other