Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 11 November 2011, last major update November 2011
Copyright: (c) 2002-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● B cell specific Octamer Binding protein-1
● B cell transcription factor
● Coactivator of OCT-2
● Appears to mediate antigen-dependent germinal center formation
Uses by pathologists
● Identify B cells in germinal centers, mantle cells and lymphomas
● Determine lineage of CD20 negative B cell neoplasms (Am J Clin Pathol 2006;126:534)
● Help differentiate classical Hodgkin's lymphoma (BOB.1 negative) from primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma (positive, Histopathology 2010;56:217)
Various B cell lymphomas
● B cells, normal hematopoietic elements (weak staining, Am J Clin Pathol 2006;126:916)
● B cell lymphoma (germinal center derived,
Am J Pathol 2000;156:501), lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma (Mod Pathol 2006;19:1010), T cell lymphoma, AML (~ 48%)
● Classic Hodgkin lymphoma (may have weak staining, Mod Pathol 2004;17:1531, but see Diagn Pathol 2007;2:10)
End of Stains > BOB.1
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).