Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 28 April 2013, last major update April 2013
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 8; also known as CDw198
● Chemokine receptor associated with asthma / allergic diseases via Th2 pathway
● Ligand is CCL1 (Wikipedia)
● Antagonists may have efficacy against asthma
● May play a role in macrophage recruitment and activation in type 1 diabetes (J Immunol 2007;179:5760) and COPD (Clin Vaccine Immunol 2011;18:2050); also endometriosis (Fertil Steril 2007;88:317)
● May be alternate coreceptor for HIV1 and HIV2 (Virology 2010;408:174)
Uses by pathologists
● No uses at this time
Positive staining - normal
● Dendritic cells (Biochem Pharmacol 2012;83:778), eosinophils, T cells (particularly Th2, Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2011;407:764), thymus
End of Stains > CCR8
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).