Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 18 December 2012, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2002-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Antibody raised against B cell centroblastic cell line
● Also written as DBA.44, DBA44
● Does not appear to be the same antibody as CD72 - Am J Surg Pathol 1996;20:613 is apparently wrong
Uses by pathologists
● Sensitive and relatively specific for hairy cell lymphoma when combined with tartrate-resistant phosphatase positivity (Am J Surg Pathol 2005;29:474)
Hairy cell leukemia-cecum
Positive staining - normal
● Mantle zone of hyperplastic follicles
Positive staining - disease
● Hairy cell leukemia (particularly “hairy” cytoplasmic processes)
● Splenic margin zone lymphoma (71%, Am J Surg Pathol 2007;31:438)
● Follicular center cell lymphomas (46%)
● High grade B cell lymphomas
End of Stains > DBA-44
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).