Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 1 October 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: ets1[title] or ets-1[title]
- Proto-oncogene at 11q23-24, also called v-ets
- Member of Erythroblastosis virus association Transforming Sequence family of DNA binding transcription factors, all with a common 84 amino acid sequence called Ets domain; also a specific transcription factor
- Activates transcription of urokinase-plasminogen activator, MMP1, MMP3, MMP9, all associated with metastases
- Present in both tumor and stromal cells
- Expression induced by acidic and basic vascular endothelial growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor, epidermal growth factor
- Ovary: mRNA expression in solid ovarian carcinomas and effusions of serous ovarian carcinoma is poor prognostic marker (Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:1493)
End of Stains > ETS1
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other