Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 30 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: HLA-G[title]
- Non-classical MHC class I antigen that interacts with NK cells, can present nonamer peptides and binds CD8 analogous to classic HLA class 1 proteins
- May play a role in maternal tolerance toward fetal tissue
- Sensitive and specific for intermediate trophoblast in all types of gestational trophoblastic tissue (including tumors) in initial study (Am J Surg Pathol 2002;26:914)
- Focal staining in melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, large cell carcinoma of the lung
- Cytotrophoblast, syncytiotrophoblast
End of Stains > HLA-G
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other