Cite this page: HLA-G. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stainshlag.html. Accessed September 20th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Non-classical MHC class I antigen that interacts with NK cells, can present nonamer peptides and binds CD8 analogous to classic HLA class 1 proteins
- May play a role in maternal tolerance toward fetal tissue
- Sensitive and specific for intermediate trophoblast in all types of gestational trophoblastic tissue (including tumors) in initial study (Am J Surg Pathol 2002;26:914)
- Focal staining in melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, large cell carcinoma of the lung
- Cytotrophoblast, syncytiotrophoblast