Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 27 April 2013, last major update April 2013
Copyright: (c) 2002-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Human pancreatic cancer fusion #2
● Note: also denotes a histone chaperone gene (Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2012;418:414, Mol Biosyst 2009;5:269)
● Also denotes PcG protein (Polycomb group) hPc2 (BMB Rep 2009;42:154, Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2008;40:2462)
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
Positive staining - disease
● Ampullary carcinoma (82%), cholangiocarcinoma (32%), pancreatic adenocarcinoma (80%, well/moderate > poorly differentiated, Hum Pathol 2012;43:1583, Cancer Cytopathol 2013;121:37)
● Also pancreatic IPMN
● Colon and gallbladder carcinoma
End of Stains > HPC2
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).