Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 30 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: Interleukin 1 beta Converting Enzyme[title]
- Interleukin 1 beta Converting Enzyme; related to ced-3 in C. elegans
- Formed from cleavage of pro-ICE; then activates inflammatory cytokine interleukin 1 beta
- Has early role is signaling pathway for Fas dependent apoptosis
- Nuclear substrates: PARP, U1 RNP (U1-70 kDa), nuclear lamins, DNA dependent protein kinase
- Cytoplasmic substrates: protein kinase C delta, actin / other parts of cytoskeleton
- Inhibitors: p35 (baculovirus protein), CrmA (poxviral protein), aldehydes; no cellular counterparts known
End of Stains > ICE
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other