Immunohistochemistry - common panels
Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 17 November 2013, last major update August 2013
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Epithelial markers: low molecular weight keratin (CAM 5.2), AE1-AE3 cytokeratin cocktail, CK7, CK20, CEA and EMA
- Alternative epithelial markers on sarcomatoid carcinoma include p63, MOC-31 and TTF1 (Mod Pathol 2005;18:1471)
- Melanocytic markers: S100 (also a mesenchymal marker), HMB45, MelanA / Mart1
- Lymphoid markers: CD3 (T cells), CD20 (B cells), CD15 (Hodgkin), CD30 (Hodgkin & other) and various others
- Histiocytic markers: CD68, lysozyme, CD1a (Langerhans cells)
- Neuroendocrine markers: neuron specific enolase, chromogranin, synaptophysin, CD56 and CD57
- Mesenchymal markers: vimentin (non-specific), factor XIIIa (fibrous histiocytoma), factor VIII (vessels), CD31 (vessels), CD34 (vessels), D2-40 (lymphatics), HHF35 (actin), smooth muscle actin and desmin
- Cell proliferation / apoptosis markers: Ki-67, bcl2
End of Stains > Immunohistochemistry - common panels
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other