Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 30 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: Inhibin A[title]
- Inhibin is a heterodimeric protein (with alpha and beta subunits) that inhibits or activates pituitary FSH secretion
- Serum levels elevated (2x) in women with Down's fetus
Positive staining - normal
- Sertoli cells (diffuse and strong), granulosa cells, prostate, brain, adrenal
Positive staining - disease
- Sex-cord stromal tumors, including Sertoli cell tumors, adrenocortical tumors, placental and gestational trophoblastic lesions, granular cell tumors of gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts (Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:1200), some carcinomas
- Primary ovarian carcinomas (usually)
Adrenocortical oncocytic carcinoma
End of Stains > Inhibin A
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other