Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 28 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: Laminin[title]
- Major component on basement membrane, with type IV collagen
- Trimeric glycoproteins (at least 11 types) with integrin binding site
- Defects in laminin proteins cause skin blistering and myocardial diseases
- Antibodies to laminin inhibit lung branching morphogenesis
- Production of alpha-1 laminin by epithelial cells and mesenchymal cells depends on extent of mesenchymal and epithelial contact with each other; modulates mesenchymal cell shape
Uses by pathologists
Laminin5 expression in normal breast, DCIS and invasive ductal breast carcinoma
End of Stains > Laminin
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other