Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 28 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: LANA[title]
- Human herpesvirus 8 (HHV8) Latency Associated Nuclear Antigen
- Highly expressed during latent HHV8 infection
- Interacts with pRb, which regulates beginning of S phase of cell cycle; also inhibits p53
- Presence in serum is associated with developing Kaposi sarcoma in immunocompromised individuals
Positive staining - disease
- HHV8 associated Kaposi sarcoma (endothelial and spindle cells, 92% sensitive and highly specific), primary effusion lymphoma, multicentric Castleman disease
End of Stains > LANA
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other