Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 28 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: Leder[title] or chloroacetate esterase[title]
- Type of enzyme histochemistry
- Also called chloroacetate esterase
- Chloroacetate esterase resists effects of formalin fixation and paraffin embedding
Uses by pathologists
- Identify mast cell disorders, myeloid disorders
Positive staining - normal
- Mast cells, myeloid cells
End of Stains > Leder stain
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other