Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 10 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: NFKB[title]
- Nuclear Factor Kappa B
- Transcription factor that is a heterodimer of p50 and p65/RelA
- RelA contains TNF-alpha binding sites
- Activated by TNF, radiation, daunorubicin
- TNF alpha and IL-1 degrade IKB inhibitory cytoplasmic retention proteins, leading to rapid nuclear translocation of NKFB
- Regulates cytokine inducible gene expression, including hemopoietic growth factors, chemokines and leukocyte adhesion molecules
End of Stains > NFKB
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other