Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 5 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: PDGF[title]
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor, also called c-sis
- Produced and secreted by megakaryocytes, activated vascular endothelial cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells
- Composed of combinations of A and B isoforms (AA, AB, BB)
- PDGF alpha receptor binds to all 3 isoforms; PDGF beta receptor binds only to BB with high affinity
- Chondrosarcoma: high expression of PDGF alpha receptor associated with poorer overall survival, Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:1520
- Ovarian cancer: PDGF alpha receptor expression associated with shorter overall survival
End of Stains > PDGF
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other