Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 29 September 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
PubMed Search: PLEKHA7[title]
- Pleckstrin-homology-domain-containing protein
- PLEKHA7, cingulin and paracingulin are proteins localized in cytoplasmic region of apical junctional complex of vertebrate epithelial cells; PLEKHA7 is at adherens junctions, cingulin at tight junctions, paracingulin at both tight junctions and adherens junctions (Ann N Y Acad Sci 2012;1257:125, PLoS One 2010;5:e12207)
- PLEKHA7, together with paracingulin, is part of a protein complex that links E-cadherin to microtubule cytoskeleton adherens junctions; PLEKHA7 overexpression has inverse relation with E-cadherin expression
Uses by pathologists
- PLEKHA7 overexpression may differentiate infiltrating lobular carcinoma from normal tissue / low grade infiltrating ductal carcinoma (PLEKHA7-, Hum Pathol 2012;43:1902)
Positive staining - normal
Positive staining - disease
- Breast: normal, infiltrating ductal carcinoma
End of Stains > PLEKHA7
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other