Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 10 December 2011, last major update December 2011
Copyright: (c) 2002-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Master regulator of helper T cells type 1
● As a transcription factor, also regulates development and cytotoxic function of NK cells
● May be useful to detect minimal hairy cell leukemia infiltrates in bone marrow biopsies (Am J Surg Pathol 2007;31:1181)
● Does not appear to be useful in differentiating hairy cell leukemia from marginal zone lymphoma (Am J Clin Pathol 2011;136:390)
Positive staining - normal
● CD4+ T cells, some B cells
Positive staining - disease
● Extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type, and peripheral T-cell lymphoma (Hum Pathol 2011;42:1319)
● Some B cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas (Am J Clin Pathol 2004;122:292)
End of Stains > T-bet
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).