Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 31 August 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- Exists in 4 different homodimeric isoforms due to alternate splicing
- Potent angiogenic growth factor that stimulates endothelial cell proliferation and induces microvessel permeability
- Protein and mRNA are overexpressed in various tumors
- May have prognostic significance in esophageal adenocarcinoma (Hum Pathol 2005;36:955)
End of Stains > VEGF
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other