Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: VEGF. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stainsvegf.html. Accessed May 23rd, 2017.
Definition / general
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- Exists in 4 different homodimeric isoforms due to alternate splicing
- Potent angiogenic growth factor that stimulates endothelial cell proliferation and induces microvessel permeability
- Protein and mRNA are overexpressed in various tumors
- May have prognostic significance in esophageal adenocarcinoma (Hum Pathol 2005;36:955)