Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 31 August 2013, last major update June 2005
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Tumor suppressor gene at 11p13
- Protein is transcriptional regulator that apparently inhibits transcription of growth promoting genes
- Involved in development of tissues from inner layer of intermediate mesoderm
- (1) ovarian carcinoma (WT1+) vs. breast/pancreatic carcinoma (WT1 negative)
Positive staining (normal)
- Fallopian tube, kidney, mesothelium, ovarian granulosa cells, Sertoli cells, spleen
Positive staining (disease)
- Acute myeloid leukemia, cystic partially differentiated nephroblastoma, desmoplastic small round cell tumor, malignant mesothelioma, metanephric adenoma, nephrogenic rests, ovarian carcinomas (serous carcinoma [almost all], transitional, small cell, Am J Surg Pathol 2005;29:1034), peritoneal serous carcinoma involving an endometrial polyp-80% (Am J Surg Pathol 2005;29:1074), rhabdoid tumor, Wilm’s tumor
Metanephric adenoma (fig D)
End of Stains > WT1
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other