Cite this page: CMV (cytomegalovirus) gastritis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stomachCMV.html. Accessed March 23rd, 2017.
Definition / General
- Generally associated with bone marrow transplants, AIDS, other immunosuppression
- In pediatric population may be associated with hypertrophic gastropathy
- Gastric involvement usually part of systemic disease
- May cause perforation or fistulas
- Eosinophilic intranuclear inclusions, variable granular purple cytoplasmic inclusions
- Severe cases have ulceration, hemorrhage and perforation