CMV (cytomegalovirus) gastritis
Reviewers: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 6 August 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Generally associated with bone marrow transplants, AIDS, other immunosuppression
● In pediatric population may be associated with hypertrophic gastropathy
● Gastric involvement usually part of systemic disease
● May cause perforation or fistulas
Cytomegalovirus infection of the stomach
● Eosinophilic intranuclear inclusions, variable granular purple cytoplasmic inclusions
● Severe cases have ulceration, hemorrhage and perforation
End of Stomach > Infections > CMV (cytomegalovirus) gastritis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).