Reviewer: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 6 September 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare; neoplastic squamous component at least 25% of tumor
● Generally poor prognosis
● Behavior determined by glandular component
● By definition, neoplastic squamous component at least 25% of tumor
● Generally transitional zone between squamous and glandular component
● Lymphovascular invasion common
● CD44 (squamous component, Arch Pathol Lab Med 2000;124:212)
End of Stomach > Carcinoma > Adenosquamous carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).