Cite this page: Weisenberg, E. Dieulafoy lesion. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stomachaneurysms.html. Accessed November 18th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Also called caliber persistent artery, Dieulafoy disease
- Usually single, submucosal, high on lesser curvature (Am J Surg Pathol 1982;6:83)
- Complications: perforation, hemorrhage
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Large tortuous vessel with small defect in overlying mucosa
- May have amyloid (Ann Pathol 2004;24:256)