Stromal / other tumors
Reviewers: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 October 2012, last major update July 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare as stomach primary
● Presents with GI bleeding and gastric mass
● May be pure, accompany adenocarcinoma or be associated with nontrophoblastic gonadal tissue
● Aggressive, mean survival less than 1 year whether treated or untreated
● 36 year old woman (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2001;125:1601)
● 45 and 62 year old men (Cancer Res Treat 2008;40:145)
● AE1-AE3, polyclonal CEA; focal B72.3, EMA, hCG (Am J Surg Pathol 1981;5:333)
End of Stomach > Stromal / other tumors > Choriocarcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).