Features to report
Reviewer: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 October 2012, last major update July 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Surgical procedure
● History of prior gastric surgery (recommended)
● Anatomic site
● Tumor histologic type and grade grade
● Extent of tumor
● Tumor size
● Depth of invasion
● Lymphovascular invasion
● Perineural invasion (recommended)
● Margin involvement (proximal, distal, radial); if negative, report distance of tumor to nearest margin
● Lymph node involvement (total involved, total examined)
● Tumor descriptors if indicated (m-multiple, r-recurrent, y-posttreatment)
● HER2 status (if known, results pending)
● Presence of distant metastasis (if known)
● Other features (gastritis (Helicobacter pylori or other), intestinal metaplasia, dysplasia (low grade, high grade), specific types of infection
● See also CAP.org, search "cancer protocols"
End of Stomach > Miscellaneous > Features to report
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).