Reviewers: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 25 August 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Subtype with hepatocellular differentiation and poor prognosis
● Nodular or massive growth, extensive venous invasion
● Glandular and hepatocellular differentiation
● Abundant cytoplasmic glycogen, hyaline globules
● May have tubulopapillary pattern with clear cells
● May secrete bile
● Polyclonal CEA (canalicular pattern)
● Hepatic paraffin antigen AFP (50%, positive in classic gastric adenocarcinomas also)
● AFP also in serum
End of Stomach > Carcinoma > Hepatoid adenocarcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).