Cite this page: Lymphoid hyperplasia. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stomachlymphoidhyperplasia.html. Accessed September 23rd, 2017.
Definition / general
- Resembles lymphoma clinically
- Associated with gastric ulceration; may have extensive fibrosis
- Usually H. pylori infection
- May be precursor to extranodal marginal zone (MALT) lymphoma
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Reactive germinal centers, mixed inflammatory cells, polyclonal immunoglobulins