Reviewers: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 6 August 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Associated with upper GI bleeding
● 44 year old man (Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:259)
● Erosive gastritis or ulcers with heaped, nodular edges
● Severe gastritis, dense plasmacytic infiltration, variable neutrophils and lymphocytes
● Large, bizarre inclusion bodies and clusters of multinucleated giant cells in surface epithelium and lamina propria
● Vasculitis without proliferative stages
End of Stomach > Infections > Measles gastritis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).