Cite this page: Measles gastritis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stomachmeasles.html. Accessed January 17th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Associated with upper GI bleeding
- Endoscopy: Erosive gastritis or ulcers with heaped, nodular edges
- 44 year old man (Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:259)
- Severe gastritis, dense plasmacytic infiltration, variable neutrophils and lymphocytes
- Large, bizarre inclusion bodies and clusters of multinucleated giant cells in surface epithelium and lamina propria
- Vasculitis without proliferative stages