Stromal / other tumors
Metastases to stomach
Reviewers: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 October 2012, last major update July 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Most common: leukemia, lymphoma, melanoma, breast, esophagus, lung, but almost all sites reported
● Melanoma and carcinomas tend to be multiple and ulcerated
● Metastatic breast and lung carcinomas may resemble linitis plastica
● 74 year old woman with dysplasia due to breast carcinoma simulating linitis plastica (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2001;125:567)
● 79 year old woman with melena due to metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2003;127:367)
Breast carcinoma simulating linitis plastica
Merkel cell carcinoma
End of Stomach > Stromal / other tumors > Metastases to stomach
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).