Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Isochromosome 12p. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/testisiso12p.html. Accessed March 24th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Isochromosome 12p or extra 12p seen in almost all germ cell tumors
- Highly specific for germ cell tumors but also seen in ovarian germ cell neoplasms; occasionally in acute leukemia, embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma, neuroepithelioma
- Chromosome has identical arms, probably from misdivision of centromere
- Extra copies of 12p associated with tumor progression and treatment failure, particularly in nonseminomatous germ cell tumors
- Associated with increased levels of PTH related peptide