Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Spermatic cord tumors - general. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/testisspermatictumors.html. Accessed December 11th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Benign tumors are usually lipomas; fat collections around hernia sac are not true lipomas
- Contamination by testicular tumors is a problem, particularly with seminomas (Mod Pathol 1996;9:762)
- In adults, most common tumors are MFH, liposarcoma, leiomyosarcoma and fibrosarcoma
- Treatment is orchiectomy with high ligation of cord and radiation therapy
- Nonneoplastic masses are mesothelial cysts and dermoid cysts