Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: System based practice monitors. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/thyroidcomppracticemonitors.html. Accessed December 11th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Develop an understanding of the organization and function of the different technical sections of the laboratory processing and diagnosing thyroid cytology specimens, and to practice cost effective laboratory utilization and resource allocation that does not compromise quality care
- Develop clear understanding of the government regulations for State, CLIA, CAP, JCAHO, HIPPA / patient data security requirements for practice management
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of basic billing requirements (ICD-9 & CPT-codes) and reimbursement policies in compliance with Medicare and Medicaid
- Develop an understanding of quality assurance and quality control issues relative to thyroid pathology. This includes but is not limited to:
- Histopathologic correlation of atypical and malignant cases
- Using validation protocols and appropriate controls for each test performed; molecular, IHC, in situ hybridization, etc.