- Develop an understanding of the organization and function of the different technical sections of the laboratory processing and diagnosing thyroid cytology specimens, and to practice cost-effective laboratory utilization and resource allocation that does not compromise quality care.
- Develop clear understanding of the government regulations for State, CLIA, CAP, JCAHO, HIPPA/patient data security requirements for practice management.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of basic billing requirements (ICD-9 & CPT-codes) and re-imbursement policies in compliance with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Develop an understanding of quality assurance and quality control issues relative to thyroid pathology. This includes but not limited to:
- Histopathologic correlation of atypical and malignant cases
- Using validation protocols and appropriate controls for each test performed; molecular, IHC, in-situ hybridization, etc.
End of Thyroid > Competency Assessment > System based practice monitors
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other