Cystic ultimobranchial body remnants
Reviewer: Shahidul Islam, M.D., Ph.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 31 March 2013, last major update March 2009
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
See also solid cell nests (solid ultimobranchial body remnants),
- Branchial pouch cysts located near thyroid may actually be cystic ultimobranchial body remnants
- Usually soft tissue of neck near thyroid, occasionally within thyroid
- Cysts lined by flattened multilayered epithelium of squamous cells, occasionally ciliated columnar epithelium
- May contain dense eosinophilic material in lumen
- May be adjacent to solid cell nests; variable lymphocytes and rare pancreatic tissue
End of Thyroid gland > Congenital anomalies > Cystic ultimobranchial body remnants
Cystic solid cell nests
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other