Acinic cell carcinoma
Reviewer: Adriana Handra-Luca, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 4 February 2013, last major update October 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare tumor similar to salivary gland tumor
● Symptoms: dyspnea, upper airway obstruction
● 27 year old woman with dyspnea
(Gan No Rinsho 1984;30:1412)
● 54 year old woman with laryngotracheal junction tumor after thyroid radiation (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1981;105:266)
● 54 year old man with widely invasive tumor (Surg Today 2004;34:764)
● 56 year old woman with post-radiation tumor (Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1981;89:398)
● 64 year old man with predominantly mucous differentiated acinic cell adenocarcinoma of seromucous tracheal glands (Zentralbl Allg Pathol 1989;135:751)
● Case with upper airway obstruction treated with YAG laser and surgical resection (Chest 1996;110:1120)
● Wide resection, may recur
End of Trachea > Tumors > Acinic cell carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).