Reviewer: Adriana Handra-Luca, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 8 February 2013, last major update October 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Low grade lymphoma similar to tumors elsewhere (see Lymphoma and plasma cell neoplasms chapter)
● May represent recurrence of parotid tumor, be associated with bronchial tumors
● Polypoid or multiple tumors
● Symptoms: cough, dyspnea, hoarseness, weight loss
● 44 year old woman treated with long term survival (Thorax 2005;60:82)
● 44 year old woman (Intern Med 1992;31:655)
● 62 year old woman with Sjogren syndrome (Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 2011;49:543)
● 71 year old woman (Sao Paulo Med J 2012;130:126 )
● 74 year old woman with laser photoresection (Intern Med 1999;38:276)
● 83 year old woman (Yonsei Med J 2008;49:860)
● Early case with severe upper airway obstruction (Am J Surg Pathol 1992;16:71)
● Bronchoscopic resection, R-COP
● Diffuse infiltrate of small lymphocytes with centrocyte-like features surrounding reactive follicles
● Plasmacytoid cells and lymphoepithelial lesions present
71 year old woman with a history of dry coughing and dyspnea
83 year old woman with a dry cough and dyspnea
● Light chain restriction
● CD5, CD10
End of Trachea > Tumors > MALT lymphoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).