Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 2 October 2011, last major update October 2011
Copyright: (c) 2002-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare subtype of well-differentiated endometrioid adenocarcinoma with good prognosis (Int J Gynecol Pathol 1983;2:1)
● May derive from complex ciliated metaplasia
● Neoplastic glands composed predominantly or exclusively of ciliated cells with stromal invasion
● Minimal atypia
Irregular glands invading deeply in the myometrium are lined predominantly by ciliated cells
● Ciliated neoplastic cells, intracytoplasmic ciliary cysts, complex epithelial stratification (Diagn Cytopathol 1997;16:78)
● Ciliated cell metaplasia: no invasion
End of Uterus > Endometrial carcinoma > Ciliated carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).