Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 19 February 2012, last major update December 2011
Copyright: (c) 2002-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Discordance between glands and stroma, both usually in secretory phasel
● Also defined as endometrial glandular dating lagging both chronological and stromal dating by 3+ days
● Also proliferative endometrium and secretory stroma
● Often due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB)
● DUB patients lack cyclic endometrial stimulation; instead have constant unopposed estrogen production with continuous endometrial stimulation; endometrium outgrows its blood supply, leading to tissue breakdown and sloughing
● Healing of this endometrium is irregular and dyssynchronous (eMedicine)
End of Uterus > Non tumor > Dyssynchronous endometrium
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).