Cite this page: Pernick, N. Endosalpingiosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/vaginaendosalpingiosis.html. Accessed August 19th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Glands lined by ciliated tubal type epithelium
- Typically affects pelvic and abdominal peritoneum, usually as an incidental microscopic finding but may be associated with ovarian serous neoplasms
- Benign but may have atypical epithelial changes
- Rarely forms a cystic mass (florid cystic endosalpingiosis) (Hum Pathol 2002;33:944)
- Extraovarian serous cystadenoma