Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Diagnosis | Treatment | Clinical images | Additional references
Cite this page: Roychowdhury, M. Behçet disease. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/vulvabechet.html. Accessed April 21st, 2018.
Definition / general
- Rare immune mediated systemic vasculitis that often presents with mucous membrane ulceration and ocular problems (Wikipedia: Behçet's Disease [Accessed 3 October 2017])
- May cause abdominal symptoms, disorientation, genital ulcers, headache, joint swelling and pain, ophthalmic inflammation, oral ulcers, stroke, tender skin nodules
- Prolific endothelial proliferation causes vascular occlusion
- Based on clinical symptoms and exclusion of other diseases and conditions
- No cure, treatment directed at controlling symptoms