LAKE SUCCESS, NEW YORK (USA).
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
Due to continued expansion and growth ProHEALTH Medical Management LLC is searching for talented cytotechnologists to join our laboratory team. We are seeking cytotechnologists up for the challenge of engaging in the full practice of cytotechnology.
Essential key duties:
• Successfully perform rapid onsite evaluation (ROSE) of surgical needle core biopsies, fine needle aspiration biopsies (FNA), etc as apart of this task cytotechnologists will be responsible for collection and filing of clinical information, preparation and triaging of cellular fresh tissue / fluid material.
• Successfully comply with and follow standard anatomic pathology laboratory policies and procedures.
• Prepares microscopic slides from specimens of human cells.
• Monitors stains and examines smears under a microscope to evaluate specimen quality and recommends acceptance or rejection to the pathologist.
• Classifies and distinguish abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and associated tissue elements.
• Enters data from the analysis of medical test and clinical results into the laboratory information system (LIS).
• Complies with relevant anatomic pathology policies, procedures and regulations as specified with but not limited to New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
Education / Licensure:
• New York State certified / licensed cytotechnologists.
• Recent graduates who are New York State eligible for licensure may be considered
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
For more information please contact:
Kenneth Hennrick or Monica Grzetic
Emails: KHennrick@ProHEALTHcare.com or MGrzetic@ProHEALTHcare.com
Telephone: (516) 622-6183
2800 Marcus Avenue, Suite 103
Lake Success, NY 11042
Company/Careers website: www.prohealthcare.com
[15 October 2019, #8886a, exp. 18 August 2020]